Sunday, December 16, 2012

Classroom Decor and Trackers


 Here are a couple of trackers that I use in my classroom!

Rocket Math Tracker: use it as a Do Now for every math lesson. Scholars are given 3 minutes to complete their individual math equations. If they complete it with less then 2 mistakes, they get to move their rocket up on the tracker. The next day, they are given the next set up the tracker. The following websites can be used for the scholars to complete: Rocket Math 1
This is my job chart! The owls are Velcro on and I change jobs everyday. Each morning a different scholar reads the jobs to the class.

This is our BAS reading tracker. Each scholar/ "car" starts at the same place on the track. As they raise their reading level, they get to move their car up the track (1 space per reading level). I like that it is a round track because their is never an end to becoming a better reader. The scholars just want to see how many times they can move their car around the track. (PS my classroom is themed after a college, Rice University, hence the owls :))

 
Finally, this is my in class work wall. It is owls sitting on a telephone wire! Each owl has a scholar's name in it where they can hang up their work. I have listed the TEKs and objective for the work shown on the clouds to the right of the wall. 




No comments:

Post a Comment