Sunday, March 31, 2013

This year I am so excited to report that I had a project funded by Donors Choose! I was able to get a yoga ball for each of my scholars to sit on. They are amazing and I can't imagine every teaching without them! The scholars really enjoy being able to bounce on the ball in order to get their energy out without disrupting the other scholars in the room. I recommend them to any teacher and any scholar (especially the wiggly ones!)
I do have rules to sitting on the ball: two feet on the ground at all times, bottom on ball at all times, no pencils on the floor (can pop the yoga balls). If a scholar has broken one of these rules, they lose the ball for the rest of the day and will sit in a regular chair. All scholars begin the day on a yoga ball, even if they lost theirs the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment